Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"If I had one wish.." Man, Ray J hit the nail on the head...

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”

We’re inspired by people, places and thing. The people who I am moved by the most are usually my best friends and my family. Here's the Skinny, one of my favorite blogs written by one of my favorite friends, Cadence Renice Oliver Peeples, has stirred me to write about my wants, needs, likes and dislikes; and I’m going to somewhat steal her “listing style”.. So thank you Cado for lending me some much needed blogging stimulation!

I need…:

-A Temper Pedic… the mattress above all mattresses’ that I covet the most… oh, if only I could wake up every day rejuvenated on my Cali King Temper, I probably wouldn’t pop every bone in my body as much, excluding my knees because I just like how that feels…oh, and my elbows, too!

-Money… isn’t that a top need for mostly everyone (even though I did put a mattress as number 1 above the loot).


-Julian’s sebaceous cyst to be popped… I’ve tried 3 times to squeeze that sucker out with no luck. Now it’s a nasty scab and what’s worse, an eye-soar. Sheesh.



-My move into the new apartment to go without a hitch, glitch or snag… Yes, yes. This is crucial for both mine and Matty’s sanity. Thank the Lord for that beautiful, beautiful man.



-A new phone… A really technological piece like the rest of the world has….I can only imagine the inspiration I’ll gather from such a hi-tech apparatus… my blogs would be amplified and enhanced 100 times over.



-To stop picking the massive blisters on my feet…As a result, I’m now suffering from hip tendinitis.

-To see my family…It’s been a long time, and I miss my Ma and Pa




I want…:

-A bicycle… I may want one, but would I use it all that much? Probably not…Let’s move on



-A new camera… You know that one girl at every party who takes like a million candids and then posts them on Facebook and everyone’s like, “Damnit M.C., I hate when you put candids up because they’re really awful of everyone…..”…. uhhh..oh…wait.

-A new wardrobe... I don’t have any particular articles of clothing as of yet, and I wouldn’t purchase any right now due to the fickleness of Georgia weather, but I do know I’m going to get some killer boots, man.



-a Bugmesh…. This looks legit…Period. But a little anecdote for you: When I was a kid, I use to wake up early every morning (like most children) just to watch infomercials. One time, my mom overheard me when I was taking a bath, and I was pretending to sale some soap or a washcloth or my brother’s G.I. Joes, and apparently I made sure the consumer knew, “Sorry. No COD’s.” I was telling Matt this story the other day, and we both were questioning COD’s… So Matt, I googled it, and it means “cash on delivery.” And now we know.




-a Topstyler… I don’t know why I think this product will work, but I have high hopes that it will. Yet, like most products on television I’ve purchased on impulse, they’ve failed miserably.




For instance, NADs hair removal gel concocted by those two Australian women with caterpillars for eyebrows (apparently, they stood by their product, they just didn’t use it personally). These women claimed NADs was edible (?)… so I tried it. This green goo substance didn’t remove any of the thick jet black hair on my 10 year-old arms or legs, but it wasn’t bad on the taste buds. I’ll still consider this a fail. There was also another product I had seen on a 6 am infomercial that really snagged my attention: a self-tanner that promised to change my pale olive skin (thanks David) into a warm, tan glow. Mom thought it was worth a shot and so boop-didd-a-lee-doop, we bit the bait. Sadly, this product left me in my white cotton-under-roo’s in Betsey’s bathroom, with Betsey in plastic gloves carefully slapping on the doo-doo brown self-tanner that unfortunately stained not only the rug, but her hands and my entire body, as well. Again, another false promise…. Thanks a whole heap, A.S.O.T. land.

-To color my hair… Nothing crazy..just a nice shiny, solid all over color. No honey or caramel streaks. What is this? 2002? I should rant about this in my dislike column.

I like:

-Lemon water…So good for your skin.
-Facebook chat… A saver from even worse arthritis in the long run…
-Thinking of baby names… I’ve had this obsession with names and multiple births from a wee age. I hope I have twins with the coolest names ever… And I hope they’re not smelly, spoiled or too short either.

I dislike:

-Women who still put streaks of color in their hair…Whether bold or skinny, I’m sorry, it’s amateur and a bit skanky, if you will. I feel it can be a true representation of one’s love life. With that said, stick to one color.








-Bad drivers… HUGE pet peave. HUGE.
-Always being the responsible one. And that’s all I’m going to say about that..

Of course I could add more to any one of these budding lists, but I’ll keep it semi-short. Maybe I’ll start posting this list once a week… Who knows?

Thanks for stopping by.

MaryClaire

1 comment: